Tuesday 31 March 2009

By Any Other Name

Photobucket
Phew I've just sat down after two hours of ironing, what a modern man I am!

Other than that I don't have much to say, I've a gripe I'm saving up because it goes with an image I haven't processed yet, it might not work, who knows? You'll have to wait and see, or not as the case may be.

So this is obviously another from the same series as yesterday's that I'd taken a second look at over the weekend. The consensus around here was that the bar in the foreground is not a distraction but personally I can't make my mind up about it? So let me know what you think about that?

I remember writing at the time I first posted some from this series about what a gentle pace of life seems to exist on the waterways. Perhaps I was being romantic but it took me back to younger days when life did not seem so frantic. I don't know if I said this at the time but it brought back a specific period in time; Wednesday afternoons, school would finish early, there were no cars to speak of really, we all walked home (no really we did), shops closed early and I remember distinctly the sound of silence mixed with summer sun. I could go on and bore you but let me leave you with this question; When did you last hear nothing but peace and quiet?

CM2009

8 comments:

Elaine- said...

i last heard peace and quiet when the electricity went out... boat life is crazy, i used to live on a boat, surrounded by crazy people lol but your pic does make it look beautiful!

Richard.D said...

I remember those day's before mobile phones and i-pods,they say silence is golden,i think it's more biege.
Great pic,love the light on the water it sets the picture off.

JJ said...

First off splendid shot, love the reflections

As to last time I heard nothing but peace in quite, thought about it a bit, and it would have to be back in New Zealand about a year ago, when I went for a early morning stroll to the beach near our hotel and sat there and the only sound was the waves rolling in so beautiful and peaceful

Anonymous said...

I didn't notice the bar until you pointed it out !! too busy looking at the boat..
Peace and quiet ? that'd be when I have my ear plugs in...

Suz

Christopher said...

Love the vastness of it.

sherri said...

Two hours of ironing? No, no, no...lol...you hang it up and when you get ready to wear it, you iron it. That way it's not an enormous task...that would be unsoliticitated opinion 3,472:-)

Love the capture. Beautifully composed with such subtle colors.

Andy said...

Really cool capture! I like the muted tones and that is one cool looking boat!

Ilan said...

From the bursting photo yesterday, to calm waters today...
All is good :)