Wednesday 11 March 2009

04 Thunder & Lightnings

Photobucket
Just a quick post tonight as it was youth club again tonight so I'm late posting again. Besides that my blood is still simmering from yesterday!

I did have another HDR that I though I might post but variety is the spice of life as they say! I shot this at Duxford a few weeks back. The tantalising glimpse through the window is an English Electric Lightning.

I'm not much of a jet fan (scuse the pun) but ever since I read Thunder & Lightnings by Jan Mark when I was a boy this aircraft held an interest for me. It was (and I think still is) the fastest climbing interceptor in the world. Boy I'd love to see one fly but the CAA won't let them fly in the UK (I think because of something to do with avionics) so you can only see one, actually four, in South Africa. There's some videos on You Tube if you care to take a look, it's a incredible sound! In the UK we have to be content with running one up and down a runway :-(

Funny, all I ever wanted to do when I was a kid was fly, something went wrong along the way!! :O)

CM2009

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super shot, I have to check but I am sure I also read that book as the name rings a bell

Yes feeling better today back to work tomorrow

Anonymous said...

you seem to be still very interesting in the things of flying, perhaps it's not too late? i love this shot, so macho lol

Anonymous said...

Great bw, cool framing, nice details.

Anonymous said...

its never too late.. why don't you take a flying lesson?
Suz