Monday 15 December 2008

Ye Olde Palace



I'm still a week and a day away from holidays but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Price lists are all done after some hard work at the weekend and they're on the way, my one big headache at this time of year! Lots more work to do mind but I'm glad that weight is off of my shoulders :O)

I woke up very early this morning, couldn't sleep. I often feel I was made for night work even though it's been twenty two years since I actually done any but I often seem to get more done late at night or early mornings. Which is where this image comes in, what else would you do in the wee small hours if not process raw files? Once again I processed three versions of this, this one (obviously) a less saturated version and a B&W, after much deliberation this version won. It's the old palace at Hatfield House and unless you're off there for a banquet this is about as close as you can get which I have to say is rather disappointing.

C2008

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to work there in the gardens,the best view is on the other side of the lake,looking back towards the house,you get the lake,gardens and house which is on a higher level.Also there is an old boat house,it's bloomin gorgeous.You might have to do a bit of sneaking.

Anonymous said...

I have always been a morning person, but not great at late nights
This is a wonderful capture, beautifully processed, looks like an amazing place

Anonymous said...

i need a house like that... :) very beautiful shot!