Saturday 11 April 2009

The End Of Felix's Foot

Photobucket
I've been absent for a few days again. I've been lacking inspiration, I've probably got quite a few bloggable (real word?) shots still but I didn't feel like anything was worthwhile.

So given the long weekend I planned a trip out to look at something different and we went off to the Suffolk coast. The weather looked dubious but we took a chance and we were lucky, had great weather all day long whilst it rained all day at home!

Felixstowe was the destination, not an obvious choice I suppose but this old place holds many happy memories for me. Many a weeks holiday was spent here staying at my great uncle's house. Some of my earliest memories are sitting in the garden, still in my pyjamas, and eating my cereal at the garden table. He'd have me going that his job was to put the plug in and out so the tide could rise and fall, you'll believe anything when your five eh?

I also wanted to visit because Languard Fort has been opened to the public, well has been for some time but I haven't been back for some time! A really interesting place and you're left free to roam around all the rooms, passages ways etc. If you're the area it's well worth the visit, some images to come from there.

After this we went for a walk from the docks, along the shore and onto Languard Common and I shot this along the way. I deliberated hard over this one as to colour or B&W but the latter won over.

Let me know your thoughts as always.

CM2009

5 comments:

Unknown said...

love this one..

JJ said...

Sounds like an interesting outing,
I think this is superb in B&W wonderful composition and tones

Anonymous said...

cool work... the sky looks very dramatic... i think this is what the photo makes nearly perfect... ;)

Christopher said...

Love the shot in BW. Perfect stuff.

Pere ChuliĆ” said...

Buena composiciĆ³n y perspectiva. Me gusta la forma en que se disponen los distintos elementos. Buen trabajo.