Saturday 15 November 2008

Lonely Pony


I spotted this Mustang out in the pen just as I was leaving last Sunday. I don't know why she's out here and to be honest we were so cold at the end of the day I didn't want to try and find out. I hope they bring her in for the winter though.

I'm a Spitfire fan through and through, the sound has made the hairs on my neck stand up since I was a very small boy but I still have a soft spot for the Mustang. Designed, built, put into production and service all in the war years was some feat. It still has a Rolls Royce Merlin at the heart of it too ;O)

Using a split RAW conversion and the selective colour tool etc. Not sure if I've pushed it too far for some but I kinda like it!

CM2008

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

great find and great capture, the colors look realistic for the hanger and mustang, but the clouds look a little overdone to me, but I am a newbie at photography so what do I know :)

Anonymous said...

I recon this would have worked with a pseudo infra red effect or post processing, Also a slight 16x9 ratio or something similar may have worked. i like the sentiment in the shot though, loose the chains and it would have looked really forgotten.....csj

CraigM said...

Thanks for your comments, actually I have to agree I pushed the sky too far! We live and learn eh?

Anonymous said...

the cloud treatment is great, but i'm an overdone kind of girl lol... the shot looks awesome!

CraigM said...

Thanks everyone.