Tuesday 22 July 2008

Ghosts of The Future


Living out here and walking through the fields I forget how close my old home town really is.


Not the greatest image but the buildings dominating the skyline may soon be gone. QE2 Hospital, gradually closing; Shredded Wheat all but closed, Roche, all but gone on this site I think(?). The large companies continue to pull out of the town and still they rush to construct new warehousing that no one seems to want or need!


At least part of Shredded Wheat is listed and so it should be it's been there virtually since the start of the Garden City but I wonder what silly use they'll come up with for it? If it's anything like the de Havilland Site where Kentucky Fried Chicken dominates the gatehouse why bother?


Powerless to change all of this I thought I'd have a bit of a rant on here instead! ;O)


CM2008

0 comments: